MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
- Content Strategy: Contributed to data-based strategic improvements for short and long-form video impressions based on social trends, viewership patterns, and audience analysis.
- Paired sponsored and editorial video content with written stories and mobile platform portals; expanded MLB content on YouTube and other social channels.
- Creative ideation: Worked with editors and designers to create branded and editorial content under tight deadlines.
- Coordinated with graphics, editors, and publishing departments to ensure completion and delivery of high-priority sponsored and branded content for clients such as YouTube, USAA, AT&T, Amazon Web Services, Budweiser, and Maytag
- Distribution: Matched creative client sponsorship goals through unique content creation and maximized existing assets across multiple platforms (digital, social, broadcast).
- Collaborated directly with production team responsible for successfully increasing baseball gamenight content output by 25% from 2016 to 2017
- Optimization: Implemented key improvements on content strategy projects by closely monitoring improvement suggestions and leveraging team member strengths
- Supervised crew of 15-20 editors and producers on gamenights, finishing all elements of digital post-production.
Broadcast Production Assistant
New York Football Giants, East Rutherford, NJ
September 2011-February 2013
- Recorded, edited, and produced Giants video elements for multiple platforms including web, cable, and broadcast viewers.
- Operated XDCAM tape decks during live studio show recording of “Wednesday Press Conference Live”, “Big Blue Hits”, and select “Opening Drive Live” pre-tape shows.
- Assisted with graphics production and fact-checking for My9 Giants Postgame Show.
- Coordinated publishing of video content to Giants.com and Verizon Fios on-demand applications.
- Worked with Giants Media Relations to quickly and accurately gather and transcribe locker room and one-on-one interviews.
- Assembled high-definition “b-roll” and soundbite clips for use on web and in live-to-tape Giants programming.
- Contributed to Giants game-day broadcast and marketing operations during 2011-12 home games at Metlife Stadium.
Social Media Assistant
2012 Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Championship, Kansas City, MO
March 6-11, 2012
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the league’s Facebook and Twitter accounts for coverage of the Men’s Championship.
- Coordinated fan-oriented marketing and promotional updates.
- Added unique content to Big 12 social media outlets to enhance fan experience.
Internet Services Assistant
Big 12 Conference, Irving, TX.
July 2010-June 2011
- Shot, edited, co-anchored, and managed all technical operations for the “Big 12 Report,” a weekly video feature for the official website of the Big 12 Conference, Big12Sports.com.
- Created graphics and unique visual elements for use in video projects through Adobe Creative Suite, FinalCut Pro, and After Effects.
- Assisted with video production for all conference championships, media events, and promotions.
- Improved conference use of social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Expanded conference video archive of memorable events, such as basketball championships, bowl games, and national championships in Olympic sports.
General Assignment Reporter, Sports Reporter/Producer, photographer, live truck operator, and production assistant:
KOMU-TV8, Columbia-Jefferson City, MO.
May 2009-May 2010
- Produced and reported high school and collegiate sports stories for air on nightly sportscast and weekly KOMU Sports Show.
- Reported on breaking and in-depth local news stories for air on nightly news.
- Operated ENG truck, set up live shots for morning and evening newscasts, coordinated with producers and reporters on location and shot style.
- Edited, resized, and rendered video from Newschannel for use in morning and evening newscasts.
- Operated teleprompter and assisted in newscast operations.
Summer Intern: SportsNet New York.
May 2008 – August 2008
- Screened and logged taped programs and interviews to prepare for editing.
- Researched for graphic boards used in all shows.
- Traveled to events in New York City metro area to gather video footage.
- Procured and conducted interviews with Chicago Bulls star Ben Gordon, members of the Brooklyn Cyclones, Staten Island Yankees, and participants in Staten Island Yankees Old Timers’ Day.
- Performed multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Assistant Sports Director: MuTV – University of Missouri television.
August 2007 – May 2008.
- Filmed, edited, and produced game highlights, sports features, and graphics for TV and internet using Avid Xpress Pro.
- Reported on-camera for features and event coverage.
- Edited web stories for Sports department for quality, accuracy, and format.
- Taught new staff members appropriate methods of filming games, editing, and speaking on camera.
- Coordinated game coverage with Sports Director.
Co-Executive Producer and Co-Host of Tailgaters: MuTV – University of Missouri television.
September 2007 – May 2008
- Wrote, produced, and edited half-hour weekly show for network and internet.
- Trained new staff members in production and show presentation.
- Interviewed guests on special topics or segments.
- Co-Hosted select shows from remote locations such as Faurot Field.
Cohost of The Screwballs: KCOU 88.1 FM, Columbia
August 2007 – November 2008.
- Co-Anchored two-hour radio show highlighted by humorous banter, and analysis.
- Performed imitations of notable sports broadcasters and personalities such as Joe Buck, Tim McCarver, Willie Randolph, Joe Torre, and Troy Aikman.
- Created sound effects, chose music, and operated station board.
Public Address Announcer: University of Missouri Women’s soccer, softball, and baseball.
August 2006 – May 2010.
- Enthusiastically read starting lineups.
- Promoted sponsors’ advertisements.
- Monitored and announced in-game substitutions, penalties, and fan-related entertainment.
- Initiated pre-game, mid-game, and post-game promotions in collaboration with Marketing and Media Relations staff.
Sports Agate and Pagination: Newark Star-Ledger, May 2007 – August 2007.
- Processed baseball box scores, standings, and statistics into a format suitable for publishing in newspaper.
- Worked under time pressure and deadlines with multiple editions to publish.
Board Operator and Announcer: KBIA 91.3 FM
August 2006 – May 2008
- Organized and broadcasted updates live on the air during taped or streaming programming.
- Maintained and adjusted the Operating Board during shift.
- Responded to questions over the phone from listeners.
Freelance Print Writer: Chatham Courier, TVNewsday.com, The Maneater Student Newspaper. High School to present.
- Wrote stories as assigned by managing or page editors for publication.
- Formulated articles with more than 300 words.
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism – Broadcast Major
University of Missouri School of Journalism, May 2010
Honors & Activities
- National Association of Sports Public Address Announcers: 2005-2006 High School Announcer of the Year, New Jersey.